When it comes to consuming food, there are 2 of the most popular types are organic and non-organic food. It can be a little confusing to choose which type of food to include in your diet, especially for beginners. In order to understand which type of food you should consider, here are some differences and information between the two.
- Organic Food – Organic farming is the technique used for the production of organic food. This technique is known to be easy and simple due to the use of natural fertilizers like manure and compost. Moreover, organic foods are produced by using chemicals. However, chemicals like fertilizers, insecticides and pesticides are used in small amounts. On the other hand, organic farming uses methods like hand wedding, tilling, crop rotation and mulching for producing the food. And when it comes to getting rid of pests, birds, insects and traps are used.
- Non-Organic Food – This type of food is mainly produced by depending heavily on chemicals like pesticides, herbicides etc. Moreover, the same chemicals are used to get rid of the pests.
Benefits of Organic Food
- The soil’s fertility remains longer due to the use of manure and compost during the time of producing organic food.
- Less pollution is created, and more energy and water and saved and conserved due to small amounts of chemicals being used.
- Organic foods are known to contain nutrients that offer a richer taste and also benefit the body.
These are just a handful of benefits of organic food in Brisbane.